We are interviewing and hiring on the spot this coming Saturday, February 16th. For immediate consideration, e-mail your resume in MS Word format or as a PDF to Donovanh.Fabia@7-11.com or call 817-705-3686. If hired, please be prepared to begin training on Saturday or Sunday. Interviews will be conducted at the Holiday Inn, Ronkonkoma. Please send your resume and/or call to get scheduled for an interview.
As an Assistant Store Manager in our corporate store, you will assist the Store Manager with store operations and implementation of our company’s Servant Leadership — Integrity, Guest Focus, Accountability, Recognition, Excellent Execution, People and Teamwork. You’ll learn about 7-Eleven’s Retailer Initiative strategy, and be trained on our Retail Information System inventory management and ordering technology. You’ll also assist with managing the store staff — coaching, training, feedback and scheduling — after completion of the required training and certifications.
What Will You Do?
• Forecast, order, stock and merchandise product (upon completion of training)
• Ensure prompt reconciliation of store operations paperwork
• Ensure prompt, efficient and courteous guest service
• Maintain a clean, guest friendly environment in the store
We believe great training is the foundation for exceptional performance. The Assistant Store Manager training program teaches you the retail business using our state-of-the-art Retail Information System and Career Path training through hands-on and Computer Based Training.
What’s In It For You?
7-Eleven is committed to creating an environment that encourages and rewards excellence, and provides a range of benefits that includes:
• Competitive salary
• Medical, dental, vision and insurance benefits
• Short-term disability benefits
• Employee assistance program
• Vacation pay
• Profit Sharing/401(k) Plan
• And more. . .
Are You Ready?
The Assistant Store Manager position requires the following:
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• Six to nine months experience as a Assistant Manager; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Strong mathematics ability
• Strong written and oral communications skills
• Desire to be part of a performance-driven team
• The Assistant Store Manager position requires constant standing, bending and reaching with a moderate amount of manual dexterity. Frequent lifting of one to five pounds and occasional lifting of up to 40-50 pounds is required.
Posted in Jobs
Tagged 7-11, assistant, benefits, coram, employment, hiring, interviewing, island, jobs, long, manager, opening, smithtown, store, vacancy
You may be eligible to receive vouchers to attend classes in a variety of subjects and specialties. If you visit the ETPL page through the New York Department of Labor, you can search for eligible training providers in the area. Click on “Training Search” on the left hand side of the page. You will be taken to a new page that will allow you to search for either training providers or Course Offerings. Depending on the available funding, you may be eligible to attend these courses for free or at a low-cost. Contact the Suffolk County Department of Labor for more information.
Suffolk County Department of Labor One-Stop
725 Veterans Memorial Highway
Did you know that Suffolk County is sixth-largest in terms of Veterans population in the nation? If you are an Unemployed Veteran, there are new benefits that you may qualify for under the Veterans Retraining Assistance Program (VRAP). There are also additional vocational rehabilitation and employment benefits available for Unemployed Veterans with a service-connected disability. Please visit the VRAP page at the Veterans Affairs Website for more information. Or contact the Suffolk County VETS department. They can schedule an appointment with a Veterans Counselor to determine what benefits you are entitled to. You can even schedule an appointment online. :
Suffolk County Veterans Service Agency
H. Lee Dennison Building
100 Veterans Memorial Highway
3rd Floor Hauppauge, NY 11788-0099
300 Center Drive
Riverhead, NY 11901
Posted in Career Websites, Jobs, Older Americans, Unemployment Insurance, Veteran's Affairs
Tagged benefits, county, education, island, jobs, libraries, long, ny, programs, suffolk, trabajos, training, unemployment, VRAP, WIA
Congress passed, and the President has signed into law, the VOW to Hire Heroes Act of 2011. Included in this new law is the Veterans Retraining Assistance Program (VRAP). VRAP offers up to 12 months of training assistance to unemployed Veterans.
The VRAP offers 12 months of training assistance to Veterans who:
- Are at least 35 but no more than 60 years old
- Are unemployed on the date of application
- Received an other than dishonorable discharge
- Are not be eligible for any other VA education benefit program (e.g.: the Post-9/11 GI Bill, Montgomery GI Bill, Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Assistance)
- Are not in receipt of VA compensation due to unemployability
- Are not enrolled in a federal or state job training program
The program is limited to 45,000 participants from July 1, 2012, through September 30, 2012, and 54,000 participants from October 1, 2012, through March 31, 2014. Participants must attend full-time in order to receive up to 12 months of assistance equal to the monthly full-time payment rate under the Montgomery GI Bill–Active Duty program (currently $1,473 per month). DOL will offer employment assistance to every Veteran who participates upon completion of the program.
The Program will retrain Veterans for Occupations that are in high demand. These include (but are not limited to) Computer Support Specialists, Preschool Teachers, Acting, Broadcast Technicians, Registered Nurses, Dental Hygienists, Bookkeeping, Accounting, Auditing Clerks, Air Traffic Controllers, and various construction and production trades. Click here to few the entire listing of High Demand Occupations and click here to visit the Veterans Retraining Assistance Program website.
Veterans Retraining Assistance Program (Department of Veterans Affairs)
NY Department of Labor – Veterans Services (NYS DoL)
Posted in Veteran's Affairs
Tagged air, army, benefits, demand, department, employment, force, high, jobs, labor, marines, retraining, veterans, vets, vocation