Controlling energy costs is a key issue facing businesses of every size, and the demand for qualified professionals to perform energy efficiency audits continues to grow. Meeting the goals of the Green Jobs – Green new York (GJ-GNY)initiative requires a significant increase in the number of qualified Commercial Energy Auditors trained to address the needs of smaller organizations and facilities. This seven day PILOT was designed for experienced commercial energy auditors and other technically qualified individuals, and will train them to support the Energy Efficiency Portfolio Standard (EEPS) and GJ-GNY Small Business and Not-For_profit program.
Who Should Apply?
Participants must meet one of the following minimum requirements:
- Four year degree in Engineering or Architecture from an accredited college or university, plus a minimum of two years of verifiable experience in commercial energy auditing, energy systems,energy management, or facility management.
- Four year degree in any technical or science discipline, or a two year technical degree, plus a minimum of 3 years of verifiable experience in energy auditing, energy systems, energy management or facility management.
- One of the degrees described above, and have completed 25 or more commercial energy audits.
- Other (Candidates will be considered based upon their work, professional or industry experience and will be evaluated for eligibility qualifications on an individual basis, and/or must meet other criteria requirements to be established by NYSERDA.)
- Course Introduction (2 hours)
- Preliminary Energy Use Analysis (10 hours)
- Energy Survey and Analysis (18 hours)
- Reporting and Recommendations (10 hours)
- Small Commercial Building Site Visit (4 hours)
- Written Examination (4 hours)
Classes run Mon - Friday July 8-12 for 8 hours a day;
Saturday July 13th; 4 hour site visit; Thursday July 18th Exam
This is a pilot program being offered at no charge to participants.
USGBC LI Headquarters
150 Motor Parkway
Hauppauge NY 11788
Class size: 15 to 20
Posted in Career Websites, Jobs, Networking
Tagged career, libraries, work, jobs, resumes, trabajos, employment, unemployment, new york, tips, brentwood, careers, civil, ny, department, suffolk, county, labor, business, island, green, training, education, energy, jobtips, Job, auditor
Michael J. Grant Campus (Brentwood)
Sally Ann Slacke Bldg., 121
January 15, 2013
12:00-3:30pm & 5:30pm-9:30pm
Workers in the Green Job field are in demand, with high earning potential over the next few years. To get develop more workers with these valuable job skills, Suffolk County Community College is offering two free program orientations for job skills training in renewable energy and energy efficiency. The skills training include:
- LEED Green Associate Training, which prepares participants to take the Green Associate exam. It provides background in sustainability and green building principles.
- Solar Technology training will cover basic solar energy principles, photovoltaics and solar panel installation
- Energy Rater / Auditor training will cover the basic principles of building science, efficacy of building and insulating materials and energy efficiency. Hands-on energy efficiency testing experiences will be provided.
- High School academic diploma or GED. Those without this credential will be enrolled in a GED program of study prior to participating in a career program.
- Minimum of 11th grade proficiency in mathematics and reading. Significant work experience. Applicants with a limited employment history will be required to complete an 80-hour National Work Readiness (NWR) course, leading to eligibility to site for the NWR credential.
- Those applicants who do not have a math, science, computer science or engineering background will be required to complete a math refresher course.
- Citizen or Permanent Resident status.
- Minimum age of 18.
To become a POWER applicant:
- Register for this free workshop by calling the Office of Continuing Education at 631-451-4114.
- Submit your resume at the workshop.
- Be prepared to take the POWER placement exam.