- An Assistant Conductor Position is available from the MTA. The position opened November 19th and will close on December 3rd. The 100% hourly rate of pay is 32.753 per hour. A civil service exam is required to qualify for this position. Under MTA employment opportunities, click on Long Island Railroad and follow the prompts. When asked to search, click on advanced search. Then in the Job ID field, use the Job ID to find the position. (Job ID #: 75647)
- The New York State Department of Civil Service is hiring for a Institution Safety Officer with a starting salary of $33,541 at the GS-9 level. Appointees working in New York City, Rockland, Westchester, Nassau or Suffolk would receive a $1,200 downstate adjustment. Applicants will be required to take a written exam. Exam guides have been developed by the State to help applicants prepare for the exam. Applications must be submitted by December 24th. (Exam number: 25-545)
- DCAS has openings for Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Environmental and Mechanical Engineers. These positions are open-competitive and close on the 4th of December.
Posted in Jobs, Uncategorized
Tagged announcements, civil, conductors, dcas, department, engineering, jobs, labor, lirr, mta, new, service, state, york
Free Safety and Health Consultation – The Department of Labor can help businesses in New York City and Long Island with immediate on-site or telephone safety and health consultations. The Department has a team of up to 40 safety and health professionals standing by to help provide information on personal protective equipment; the cleanup of mold, asbestos, lead and other hazards including electrical and mechanical issues; and construction and demolition issues. For an on-site consultation, please call (518) 457-3518 or visit any of the agency’s One-Stop Career Centers.
Consultación de Salud y Seguridad Gratuita – El Departamento de labor puede ayudar negocios en la Ciudad de NY y Long Island con asistencia inmediata en su domicilio o a través de consultas por teléfono. El departamento tiene un equipo de hasta 40 Agentes de Seguridad y Salud esperando su llamada, ofreciendo información con herramientas protectoras, limpieza de asbestos, molde, plomo y otros peligros incluyendo asuntos de electricidad o mecánica; también asuntos de construcción e demolición. Para una consulta, por favor llame (518)-457-3518 o visite uno de los sitios One-Stop de la agencia de Labor.
Shared Work – The Department of Labor can help businesses avoid layoffs by allowing employees to continue to work while collecting partial unemployment benefits. This program is particularly helpful for businesses that are still marginally in operation and can help offset the cost of paying for full time employees. For businesses interested in this program, please call the Shared Work program at (518) 457-2635 or visit any of the agency’s One-Stop Career Centers.
Trabajo Compartido – El Departamento de Labor puede ayudar negocios evitar despidos (por razones de falta de trabajo) dejando empleados continuar a trabajar durante el tiempo que están recibiendo beneficios de desempleo parcial. Este programa es particularmente útil para negocios que operan ligeramente y puede compensar el costo de pagar por empleados de tiempo completo. Para negocios interesados en este programa, por favor llame al programa de Trabajo Compartido (518)-457-2635 o visite cualquiera de las agencias “One-Stop”.
From New York State – Hurricane Sandy Department Services Page.
- Is your job closed as a result of Hurricane Sandy, and you aren’t getting paid?
- Need legal assistance when filling out insurance forms?
- Need business assistance or Disaster Relief Loans?
New York’s Empire State Development Agency has created a page to help small-businesses that have been affected by Hurricane Sandy. There are a number of services and agencies that may be able to help you, simply click on this link.
Another helpful link is the Small Business Development Center homepage, which has prepared a page with regard to disaster recovery for New York Small Businesses. They can also assist you by sending a small business advisor. If you would like to contact them for a small business idea, or if you already have a business but want to have them advise you, give them a call to make an appointment with them. Their number is 631-632-9070.
The website of Governor Andrew Cuomo also has information regarding disaster assistance and aid.
Make sure to visit FEMA.gov and Disasterassistance.gov to get information about federal aid.
Posted in Career Websites, Jobs, Small Business, Unemployment Insurance
Tagged brook, business, FEMA, Hurricane, ny, Sandy, SBA, SBDC, small, state, stony
A position was posted 2 days ago for a Cleaner in Brentwood, NY. Located on Crooked Hill Road, The application deadline is September 20th.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- picking up and removing hazardous articles which may be on floors, furniture, and equipment, and places them in designated receptacles or in appropriate places;
- moving furniture and equipment in connection with cleaning and care functions;
- using mops, brushes, detergents, buffers, floor scrubbers, and other cleaning implements to wash floors, corridors, stairs and stairwells, walls, partitions, windows from the inside of the building; using manual and/or mechanical equipment, strips, vacuums and waxes floors and shampoos carpets;
- using hand-operated equipment and detergent to scrub and clean all areas of lavatories; using hand-dusting equipment to dust assigned areas.
Click here to see the job description and instructions to apply. (Office of Mental Health)
Posted in Jobs
Tagged brentwood, cleaner, crooked hill road, island, jobs, long, ny, office of mental health, pilgrim, state, suffolk, trabajos
The New York State Department of Civil Service, at your request, is
alerting you that the following examination announcements have been
added to our website recently.
Open-Competitive Continuous Recruitment Examination Announcements:
20-080, Public Health Engineer 1 [formerly Assistant Sanitary Engineer]
20-081, Public Health Engineer 2 [formerly Senior Sanitary Engineer]
20-973, Pharmacy Consultant
20-195, Medical Technologist 1
20-171, Licensed Respiratory Therapist 1 [formerly Respiratory
20-949, Medical Specialist 1
20-950, Medical Specialist 2
20-791, Rehabilitation Technologist 1
20-792, Rehabilitation Technologist 2
20-973, Rehabilitation Technologist 3
Promotion Continuous Recruitment Examination Announcement:
30-102, Public Health Engineer 2 [formerly Senior Sanitary Engineer]