Because of the popularity of prior posts regarding Civil Service Positions, The Brentwood CDC has created a handy primer on applying to Suffolk County Civil Service Positions.
Step 1: The Current Openings for Civil Service Positions are found on the Suffolk County Government web site, which is http://www.suffolkcountyny.gov.
Step 2: Hover your mouse over the Government Tab, which will open up a new frame. There’s no need to click on the tab, it should open automatically.
If you see this frame, click on “Civil Service” (It’s been highlighted for your convenience.)
Step 3: Now that you’ve clicked on the Civil Service Link, you should be on the Civil Service Page. You would also be able to reach this link by typing in http://www.suffolkcountyny.gov/Departments/civilservice.aspx.
Step 4: Once you’ve reached this page, click on the Green Button Titled “Current List of Exams”. This will give you a listing of all the open Suffolk County Government Civil Service Positions.
Tip: It’s always good to check back regularly, as postings are added every few weeks.
Tip: Check the FAQ’s section on the Civil Service page because it contains important information on what an Open-Competitve Exam is, a Promotional Exam, how long lists are open, and how to subscribe to Automatic County Examination Announcements.
Posted in Uncategorized
Tagged brentwood, business, career, careers, civil, competitive, county, employment, island, jobs, libraries, long, new york, ny, open, promotional, recruitment, service, suffolk, tests, tips, trabajo, trabajos
Learning Express, the library database dedicated to computer instruction and practice exams have added new exams for you to use. The new materials available are:
- Registered Medical Assistant Practice Exam, with an interactive 200 question exam for anyone looking to take the Registered Medical Assistant Certification Exam
- Test of English for International Communication, used by “more than 9000 companies, government agencies, and english language learning programs in more than 90 countries”. Learning Express offers 2 interactive practice tests, with 219 questions styled to the form, content, and timing of the TOEIC.
- The PRAXIS II: ParaPro Test Prep
- Write your way into College: College Admissions Essay
- Geometry Success in 20 Minutes a Day, 3e
This is on top of the Career Exams and test guides already available and free to use on the Learning Express Database. With Video Software tutorials to help you learn Excel and Powerpoint, Civil Service Exams, Citizenship Study resources, Skill Building improvement and Spanish-Language Resources, Learning Express is a complete and highly useful database for job-seekers and beginning computer users.
Posted in Career Websites, Computer Tips, Jobs
Tagged assistant, asvab, civil, CNA, computer, excel, express, firefighter, island, learning, long, lpn, medical, pn, police, powerpoint, practice, rn, service, test, tests