Did you know that Professional Canadian or Mexican Workers can work in the United States under the Nonimmigrant NAFTA TN-Visa?
Professionals of Canada or Mexico may work in the U.S. under the following conditions:
- Applicant is a citizen of Canada or Mexico;
- Profession is on the NAFTA list;
- Position in the U.S. requires a NAFTA professional;
- Mexican or Canadian applicant is to work in a prearranged full-time or part-time job, for a U.S. employer (see documentation required). Self employment is not permitted;
- Professional Canadian or Mexican citizen has the qualifications of the profession.
Professionals that are covered by the TN-Visa include Pharmacists, Registered Nurses, Teachers, Librarians, Graphic Designers, and Accountants. Visit the Department of State’s Website for more details.