Welcome to the U.S. Army Civilian Human Resources Agency’s
The Veterans Guide to
Applying to Federal Jobs
The Civilian Human Resources Agency (CHRA) has designed this resource to help ease the stress that comes with transiting from the military service into civilian life.
The topics include information on locating and reviewing vacancy announcements, creating and submitting your résumé, and tracking application status. Each section gives you key information to help prepare you for your next career.
The U.S. government has created a website to help your business begin exporting. Highlights of the site include Topics in Exporting, Training and the ability to connect with counselors, market matchmakers, and banks. Don’t forget that the Small Business Administration @ Stony Brook makes appointments on Wednesday afternoons to meet 1-1 with prospective and current small business owners. Call the library today to schedule an appointment!
El gobierno de EE.UU. ha creado un sitio para ayudar a su empresa comenzar a exportar sus productos. Aspectos destacados del sitio incluyen temas de Formación Exportadora, y la capacidad de conectar con los consejeros, casamenteros del mercado y los bancos. No se olvide que la Administración de Pequeños Negocios @ Stony Brook hace citas miércoles por la tarde para reunirse con los dueños de negocios actuales y futuros empresarios. Llame a la biblioteca hoy para programar una cita!
Posted in Small Business
Tagged administration, bibliotecas, brentwood, business, consejeros, county, island, libraries, long, negocios, ny, pequeños, SBA, small, small business administration, small business owners, suffolk
- Best Buy in Bay Shore is hiring for a Geek Squad Senior Counter Intelligence Agent. Preferred Requirements are for a High School (or Equivalent) Diploma, Associate Degree in PC Repair/Networking, 1+ year of supervisory or leadership experience, and A+ Certification or Equivalent.
- Southside Hospital in Bay Shore is looking for a Part-Time Spanish Interpreter (Evening Position, from 4-12AM). Requirements include a High School Diploma or Equivalent, Fluency in English and Spanish, as well as the ability to interpret/translate medical terminology.
- Southside Hospital is also looking for a Part-Time Home Health Aide. Requirements include “High School diploma or equivalent required. New York State Home Health Aide certification required. Previous experience as a Home Health Aide desirable. Must have a current New York State Driver’s License and be knowledgeable of safety and infection control practices.”
- Circle Lubricants is looking for a Truck Driver / Warehouse Worker for a full time (plus overtime) position. Applicants must have a CDL class B license, 3 years of driving experience, 1 year of warehouse/forklift experience, and more. Tanker Endorsement is a plus.
- Raymour & Flanigan in Central Islip is looking for a warehouse Associate. To qualify, you must have a high school (or equivalent) diploma. Experience operating an order picker and electric pallet jack, and experience with warehouse management systems are preferred..
With any of these Jobs, click on the link to see the position and apply.
“I should have seen all the signs. [The campus tour guide] had a used car salesman answer for everything,” Keith recalls.
The magic answer was always ’99 percent’–whether Keith asked how many enrolled students graduated or how many graduates scored jobs afterward.
Student Loan Debt has now overcome Credit Debt with the average student holding $28,000 of student debt. Beware of schools with “too good to be true” promises and private loans. Click on the link to see how one man was inundated in debt because of unscrupulous for-profit schools.
Nick Keith’s Student Loan Horror Story.
A new link has been added to the Link Rolls, called Veterans Affairs Topic Guides. This is a one-stop guide for Veterans and includes lots of different information in one handy area.
Veterans Affairs – Live-Brary.com
Two positions have been listed on Usajobs.gov for a Pharmacy Technician at USAJobs.gov, the federal government’s jobs website. Click on the USAJOBS.gov link on the right side of this page to see the listings available. These jobs are open to U.S. Citizens and the last day to apply will be October 1, 2012. Apply soon!
Posted in Jobs, Veteran's Affairs
Tagged administration, Hospital, jobs, libraries, northport, ny, pharmacy, Rx, Tech, technician, trabajos, usajobs, veterans
American Express OPEN Forum for Small Business has uploaded a short video on how to apply for an SBA Loan. While the Small Business Administration does not loan money, it does back loans given by banks, allowing banks to take on more risk than they normally would.
Did you know that the Brentwood Library partners with the Small Business Administration to help entrepreneurs with their business? Or do you have an idea for a business that you want to see into reality? Contact us at 631-273-7883 x330 and make an appointment to see a Small Business Advisor!
América Express OPEN Forum for Small Business ha subido un video corto sobre cómo solicitar un préstamo de la SBA. Aunque la Administración de Pequeños Negocios no prestar dinero, respalda los préstamos hechos por los bancos, que permite a los bancos a asumir más riesgos de lo que normalmente lo haría.
¿Sabía usted que la biblioteca de Brentwood provee servicios con la Administración de Pequeños Negocios para ayudar a los empresarios con sus negocios? ¿O usted tiene una idea para un negocio que usted quiere ver en realidad? Contacte con nosotros en 631-273-7883 x330 y haga una cita con un asesor de negocios pequeños!
Posted in Career Websites, Small Business
Tagged administracion, administration, ayuda, business, free, guides, how, libraries, loans, msnbc, negocios, pequeños, SBA, small, to, video