Look at your work but investigate additional duties and side jobs for relevant achievements too. Think of past successes and create great stories from them.
The transition from Military to Civilian requires focus and an appreciation for your own skills that you may not rank as highly. In Patra Frame’s post, she recommends that transitioning veterans focus, translate their military lingo and experience for civilians, ask for help and exhibit CAUTION when venting online.
Interested in Joining a Veterans LinkedIn support network? Check out these groups on LinkedIn:
- US Military Veterans Network
- USAF Veterans
- US Navy Veterans
- Army Veterans
- Iraq War Veterans
- Disabled American Veterans
- IAVA – Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America
Veterans Groups on Long Island:
- 9-1-1 Veterans – Assisting Long Island Military Veterans
- Transitioning Veteran Wiki – Veterans Health Alliance of Long Island